Day 5- A bonus day (13/7/25)
Due to my changed plans, I have been able to spend another
day in Villa de Leyva. There was a problem with the Redbus website whereby they
could not complete my booking for the bus to Bogota tomorrow, despite taking
the money. Not wishing to take any chances, I decided to walk down to the bus
station to buy the ticket in person. I managed to book my ticket completely in
Spanish, which gave me a bit of a confidence boost. I am hoping that Redbus
refund my money over the next few days. It’s not a lot of money, but it is the
principal. Interestingly, the seat that I was given at the bus station is the
same seat that I was trying to book.
This morning, I noticed that I had caught the sun on my
forehead yesterday. Which was a surprise as it was overcast most of the day,
with only occasional periods of sunshine. So, I decided to buy myself a hat. I
am not really a hat wearing person, but I think I am pulling it off. In the
shop, I tried the hat on and the young woman serving me said I looked handsome.
So, that secured the sale there and then.
The main plaza was busy. A stage was being set up and there
were many small stalls around it selling cold beers. I decided that this would
be a good idea and sat at one of these stalls for an hour, watching all of the
activities. The sun was getting hotter and I could feel my arms beginning to
burn, so I went and bought myself an empanada and walked back to the hostel.
I spent some time checking all of my reservations and
booking an Uber to get me to the bus station on time. There seems to be
something to think about all the time. Hopefully, things will quieten down once
I get into the swing of things. Tomorrow is going to be a travel day, so I need
to get a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow it will be farewell Boyaca (villa de leyva)
and hello Risaraldo (Pereira).
I feel like I have seen enough of Villa de Leyva and have
got the feel of the place, so I am just going to relax with a meal at the
Hostel, have a few beers and save my energy; maybe watch the Fireflies again.
The walk back from the town is a bit of a killer, so that’s a factor too.
Comments
Post a Comment