Colombia - Epilogue
Nearly 3 months have passed since I returned from Colombia. Much of the detail about what I did whilst away has faded a little.
Having just read back over the blog, I have relived some wonderful moments. The blog does not capture everything that I saw and did; it's just the highlights. It certainly doesn't reflect the times that I spent alone with my thoughts, making sense of my life.
So, after a period of readjustment to being back in the 'real world', I have reflected on what has changed in me.I have developed a lot of self-confidence. Having had the time to stop and reflect on my life since my return, I have learned about what I actually want in my life, and what I do not.
When I reached Villa de Leyva, and entered my room at the Hostel Renecer, there were 2 word painted on one of the small windows: "Eres Suficiente" (you are enough).
These have become words that I now live by, and I remind myself of them all of the time.
For the first month or so, after my return, I was in an emotional and psychological whirlpool. After all of the deep thinking and soul searching that I did on my trip, It took some time to readjust to normality again.
Today, I feel like I am stronger, happier, more certain about myself, my life, what I want, and who I want in it.
And most of all I have learned that I am enough.
Comments
Post a Comment